Friday, October 8, 2010

His Letter To Me

Today is the first day of my weekend alone.  My son is at his dad's this weekend and my step daughter is with her mom this weekend.  I tried to prep myself for this weekend, telling myself that time alone would be good for me and my relationship. 

Earlier today I began to start thinking about being alone.  This will be the first time since I started talking about the abuse that I will be alone.  Just me and my thoughts.  No distractions. 

Then I found the letter.  It made me remember why I was doing this, getting it all out working on me and my past for a better future.  This weekend might be hard, but then again it could be the best thing that ever happened to us.  It's only what you make of it, right??

To My Wife,
I love you so very much.  I want to be able to listen without feeling rage and to be able to ask questions without feeling the anger.  All I can think about it hurting someone for hurting you.  That is the only thing I know I could do for you.  I could make someone feel pain.  I do not know how to take your pain away.  I love you more than I can express and I hope I can be there for you.  I am trying I just don't know how.  I love you, Me

No comments:

Post a Comment